It's fascinating to think that many of the vegetable varieties we grow today are over 100 years old and have stood the test of time for flavour and reliability.
Heritage (Heirloom) vegetable seeds are growing in popularity and a topic of much debate as to what a 'heritage' variety is. But it is generally accepted that a 'heritage' vegetable is open-pollinated, so the seed produced will breed true i.e. just like its parent and it was in general use before the 1950's.
Unlike F1 hybrids that will not breed true from their own seed these were bred commercially from the 1950's to satisfy a need to produce lots of uniform veg that would store well & travel well to supermarkets many think at the cost of flavour.
It's fascinating to think that many of the vegetable varieties we grow today are over 100 years old and have stood the test of time for flavour and reliability. With this in mind we have selected many of our old heritage favourites that produce valuable, reliable, tasty or sometimes just unusual veg for the home-grower.
Box contains one individual packet of each of the following seeds:
Please see the individual product pages for full pack and sowing information.
You can find more great Collection Box ideas HERE
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier