Mustard White microgreens have a wonderful spicy warm flavour, some say it tastes like a mild version of horseradish. Mustard is a very quick growing crop and can be ready to harvest in as little as 7 days.
White Mustard is a rich source of Kaempferol and Apigenin, plant compounds that balance our hormones. These can help reduce headaches, fight osteoporosis, increase our libidos and our sense of well-being, as well as reducing signs of ageing. Kaempferol is known to promote a healthy heart by protecting the blood vessel linings from damage, may help fight cancer, and is impressively good at supporting general health.
Please note that Mustard White is a mucilaginous seed so it can only be grown as a microgreen. Not suitable for sprouting.
How to grow Mustard White Microgreen Seeds:
3 x Growing trays
Mustard White Seeds
Culture - For Growing As A Microgreen
1. Sow your seeds directly on thoroughly moistened medium
2. Place a tray directly on the seeds and weigh down to ensure good contact with the growing medium and to help the roots dig deep. Mustard is a mucilaginous seed so take care when inspecting your seeds as they may stick to the tray.
3. Keep weighed until the seedlings have germinated and are beginning to push against the weight.
4. Use another tray to blackout the seeds when the seedlings are about 2cm tall - use blackout to stretch your seedlings to your desired length.
5. Remove blackout tray and place in a sunny location
6. Harvest when the plants are between 2.5cm to 7.5cm tall using scissors or a sharp knife and cut just above the medium
Did You Know?
We now stock growing essentials for Microgeen and Sprouting growers, you can find the full range HERE
Feeling daunted by the world of Microgreens and Sprouting and don't know where to start...then why not have a look at our starter kits for inspiration:
And don't forget to join our Microgreen Club and enjoy year-round benefits HERE
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.