Full Coriander flavour in a wonderfully tender microgreen. Coriander, whilst slow-growing, is probably the easiest microgreen to grow.
The difference between growing Coriander microgreens and just growing Coriander is all about harvest time. When Coriander first sprouts from the seed, Coriander unfurls two grass-like cotyledon leaves. These delicious leaves taste just like Coriander, but with a smaller punch. Shortly after the cotyledon leaves emerge, the first, feathery, true leaves appear. The Coriander microgreens now have the full Coriander flavour.
Not only is this short-step method a much faster way to grow Coriander, it’s also more nutritious. Coriander microgreens are generally healthier than their full-grown selves. Because it’s so newly sprouted, the Coriander microgreen is still getting its nutrients from the seed endosperm. As the plant matures, it relies instead on soil nutrients, which are much more variable.
How to grow Coriander Microgreen Seeds:
3 x Growing trays
Coriander Microgreen Seeds
No need to soak the seeds in advance,
1. Sow your seeds directly on thoroughly moistened medium in a tray with holes, place in another tray without holes
2. Place another tray on top to keep light out and moisture in
3. Do NOT water until after the seeds germinate
4. Keep the medium moist by watering lightly as needed. Don't drench!
5. When the plants have 2 leaves remove the tray cover and move to a well-lit location
6. Harvest when the leaves are 2.5cm - 7cm tall, around day 14-30, using scissors or a sharp knife and cut just above the medium
Did You Know?
We now stock growing essentials for Microgeen and Sprouting growers, you can find the full range HERE
Feeling daunted by the world of Microgreens and Sprouting and don't know where to start...then why not have a look at our starter kits for inspiration:
And don't forget to join our Microgreen Club and enjoy year-round benefits HERE
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry .
Click here to view our delivery charges.