Basil Microgreens is a mucilaginous seed, meaning that when the seed is in contact with water it creates a gel like coating around the seed which holds moisture. Grown as a microgreen, Basil has a stronger taste, slightly sweeter, and more tender.
The Basil that we sell for microgreens is a Sweet Genovese type, being the most popular and traditional of Basils.
How to grow Basil Microgreens Seeds:
2 x Growing trays
Basil Microgreen Seeds
No need to soak the seeds in advance,
1. Sow your seeds directly on thoroughly moistened medium in a tray with holes, place in another tray without holes
2. No need to cover as Bail needs light to germinate
3. Keep the medium moist by watering lightly as needed. Don't drench!
4. Harvest when the leaves are 2.5cm - 5cm tall, around day 14-21, using scissors or a sharp knife and cut just above the medium
Did You Know?
We now stock growing essentials for Microgreen and Sprouting growers, you can find the full range HERE
Feeling daunted by the world of Microgreens and Sprouting and don't know where to start...then why not have a look at our starter kits for inspiration:
And don't forget to join our Microgreen Club and enjoy year-round benefits HERE
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier