The Woodland/Heavy Shade Wildflower Meadow seed mix has been specially selected with 19 varieties that have been particularly found to be ideal in partial and dense shade. Once established, from year 2 onwards, the aim is to have different species of height, colour, and appearance from May through to August.
This mixture contains 100% wildflower seed, with NO GRASSES. This mix is 100% native UK origin.
Woodland/Heavy Shade Wildflower Seed Mix Information
|When to Sow:
||Throughout the year (bar the depths of winter) but best results from August to October then March to May
|Soil / Site Conditions:
Deciduous woodland, open woodland and woodland-edge
Partial to dense shade
Most soil types
|How to Sow:
Sowing of Wildflower seeds can take place through most of the year (bar the depths of winter). But generally, the most successful time is August to October (following natures natural cycle) and then by March to April.
The site should be weed-free. Cultivate by lightly raking to achieve a fine seed bed, avoid overly cultivating the top soil as this will disturb the weed-bank and stimulate weed growth. Broadcast the seed at a rate of 2gm per sq metre. The seed can be mixed with sharp sand to ensure a more even spread, and then roll to ensure firmness. The best results are obtained when there is good contact between the soil and the seeds.
Carefully water during dry weather, and keep on top of removing weeds until the meadow begins to establish.
Germination of wildflower seeds can be erratic and some species require vernalisation before germination in spring of the following year, e.g. a period of prolonged cold temperatures.
Be aware that it can take several years for the meadow to become established, patience is required, just as in nature!
||2 grams per square metre.
|Pack Weight / Area:
When to Sow Woodland/Heavy Shade Wildflower Seed Mix
Woodland/Heavy Shade Wildflower Seed Mix Contents
Agrimony, Bladder Campion, Blue Bell, Cowslip, Field Scabious, Foxglove, Hedge Bedstraw, Knapweed, Meadow Buttercup, Meadow Clary, Red Campion, Selfheal, St Johns Wort, Teasel, Tufted Vetch, White Campion, Wood Avens, Wood Sage, Yarrow
Species subject to change without notice due to availability
General Wildflower Seed Information & Advice
Follow the links below for more information on Wildflowers:
> Video of Monty Don Showing How To Sow A Wildflower Meadow
> Wildflower Seed Sowing Advice
> Benefits of Growing Wildflowers
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier