Scorzonera Giant Rooted Maxima is a black, root vegetable with creamy white flesh inside, not such a pretty veg but tasty. It is parsnip like and is treated much the same way and is used throughout Europe but is relatively unknown in the UK. Scorzonera Giant Rooted Maxima Seeds x 75. A black, root vegetable with creamy white flesh inside, not such a pretty veg but tasty. It is parsnip like and is treated much the same way and is used throughout Europe but is relatively unknown in the UK.
Scorzonera is easy to grow and can be harvested in Autumn or left in the ground to overwinter. It can also be dug up in Autumn and stored in the same way as carrots in dry sand and will keep til the spring. It can be boiled, baked or fried or used in a gratin dish. It discolours easily so drizzle a little lemon juice over the white skin whilst raw. Scorzonera Giant Rooted Maxima is best boiled for about 8 mins, plunged into cold water & then the skins removed. Unusual vegetable available when little else is in the garden!
Scorzonera Giant Rooted Maxima Vegetable Seed Information
||Approx 75 seeds per pack.
Any fertile stone-free soil type even heavy clay but not freshly manured as this causes forking.
|When to Sow
|How to Sow:
Station sow 2-3 seeds direct into soil, 1cm deep & 15cm apart in rows 25cm apart. Water carefully. Thin to strongest seedling as soon as large enough to handle.
Keep well-watered & weed free.
||October March. Dig up carefully as these roots are long and can snap easily.
When to SowScorzonera Giant Rooted Maxima Vegetable Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier