Pea 'Alderman' (Pisum Sativum) is a Heritage Maincrop. The most popular maincrop variety, a very heavy cropper of large pods containing up to 11 peas.
Pea Alderman has a tall growth habit that will require support, as they can grow to over 180cm.
Did you know...
Round Pea seeds, like Pea Meteor, provide nowhere for rain/water to collect and will therefore not rot, hence why it is suitable for sowing in Autumn/Winter. Whereas Pea seeds that are wrinkled, like Pea Onward will harbour rain/water, making them only suitable for sowing in drier months such as spring.
If you want to extend your pea cropping season then look to sow in 3 stages, for example:
If you want to boost your harvests then intersow with Birdsfoot Trefoil...why?
Read our blog HERE for further information.
Pea Onward Vegetable Seed Information
||Approx 200 seeds per pack.
Free draining, moisture retentive soil and an open sunny position.
|When to Sow
||Spring/Summer sowing: March - June
|How to Sow:
Dig a shallow trench about 2.5cm deep and 15cm wide. Sow 3 rows of seeds about 4cm apart in each direction. Push lightly into soil and rake the soil carefully back over and gently firm. Allow 45cm between rows. Seeds germinate 7-10 days. For overwintering crops either sow outside but give added protection with cloche or sow in greenhouse and transplant when strong enough but still protect in cold weather.
Pick 2/3 times a week to ensure the formation of more pods. Keep soil moist & weed-free.
||July - September
When to Sow Pea Alderman Vegetable Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier