Lavender 'Hidcote Blue' is a dwarf hardy perennial, cultivated lavender strain with narrow, grey-green leaves and dense spikes of light-blue flowers that open in early July. Ideal for a low hedge.
Hidcote Blue is one of the main lavender species most highly valued for cutting and drying for its exquisite fragrance, evoking the scents and unforgettable appeal of a Mediterranean summer. Very free-flowering, it produces all summer long, those familiar flower spikes and bushy and fragrant foliage. Perfect for bedding, especially edging, and brilliant in pots on the patio. Both flowers and foliage can be dried for fragrant reminders of summer in the long winter months. Well known as an aid to stress relief and relaxation.
RHS Award of Garden Merit winner.
Lavender Hidcote Blue Herb Seed Information
||Approx 50 seeds per pack.
Prefers a well-drained soil in a sheltered, sunny position.
|When to Sow:
|How to Sow:
Sow indoors Feb-Apr. Sow directly May-July. Surface sow onto moist well-drained seed compost. Just cover seed with a sprinkling of soil. Ideal temp. 15-20C. Germination takes 2 weeks approx. but can be erratic and take up to 90 days. If germination has not occured after 4 weeks try cold stratification. Move to -4C-+4C. for 4-6 weeks then return to warmth. After germination grow on in cooler temp. of 15C. Transplant seedlings when large enough to handle to 8cm pots. Acclimatise and plant out when danger of frost has passed with 45cm spacing. For direct sowing, sow 5mm deep into prepared soil, thin to required spacing.
These shrubs flower on new wood therefore annual pruning will improve flowering and prevent them from becoming woody. Prune immediately after flowering or in the subsequent spring. Remove shoots that have flowered to within 2cm of previous years growth.
When to Sow Lavender Hidcote Blue Herb Seeds
RHS Award of Garden Merit
||Lavender 'Hidcote Blue' Herb Seeds have been awarded the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit (AGM). This award indicates that the plant is recommended by the RHS and helps gardeners make informed choices about plants. [READ MORE]
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier