An unusual dwarf bean with long round, glossy dark purple pods that make a beautiful display in the garden with purple flowers and pods. Although unusual it does not lack in flavour - in fact in is delicious.
It turns dark green on cooking and is a stringless variety. It is better to sow a few seeds at a time to stagger cropping as it produces heavy yields - good variety for freezing though.
Keep picking young to encourage further cropping and get the best tasting beans.
Great for containers. An excellent variety - give it a go!
Dwarf French Bean Purple Queen Vegetable Seed Information
||Approx 60 seeds per pack.
Any soil type, except very heavy or acid.
|When to Sow:
April under cloches, May to mid-July.
|How to Sow:
2 weeks prior to sowing outside rake in an all purpose general fertilizer.Soak seed before sowing. Sow under cover from April, 5cm deep and plant out seedlings when 5cm high. Or direct sow 5cm deep after the last frosts have passed from mid May to July. Space them 25cm apart. Water well.
May need a little support if beans become too heavy. Keep moist and the area weed free.
||July to October. Regularly pick beans to maintain cropping and pick before you can see the bean shape inside to get the best bean.
When to Sow Dwarf French Bean Purple Queen Vegetable Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier