Corn salad is also known as Lambs Lettuce or Mache. It's low growing with small thick dark green leaves that have a delicate nutty flavour. The leaves make a useful addition to a mixed winter salad.
Corn salad prefers cool moist conditions and is easy to sow from mid-August to the end of September. It can be ready to harvest within 50 days. It can still grow overwinter but will need some added protection (cloche) if temperatures fall below 5C.
Corn salad will grow in an unheated greenhouse and a sowing in mid-Feb can produce an early crop in April. Equally, it can be sown throughout winter provided some form of heat is applied either through a propagator, heated mat, or heated greenhouse. Corn salad can be picked a few leaves at a time or cut & used all at once.
Corn Salad Verte de Cambrai Vegetable Seed Information
||Approx 1,150 seeds per pack.
Most soil types in full sun or light shade.
|When to Sow:
August-September & February-April
|How to Sow:
Sow thinly in drills 0.5cm deep & rows 15cm apart & water. Thin & eat seedlings to 10cm apart. Can also be sown in trays or modules to the same depth and transplanted when large enough to handle.
Needs extra protection if temp fall below 5C with cloche.
||Approx 50 days after sowing.
When to Sow Corn Salad Verte de Cambrai Vegetable Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier