Cabbage Cordesa is the first Savoy cabbage to have resistance to club root and provides a quality autumn crop. It stands up well to autumn weather and hard frosts too.
Benefit from the vitamin-rich, flavoursome heads of freshly harvested cabbage throughout summer and autumn with this flavoursome and versatile Savoy. Stands well, so no need to harvest all in one go. Cabbage 'Cordesa' produces nice compact, heavy cabbages with heavily crinkled leaves.
Try growing cabbages with Nasturtiums to draw cabbage white butterflies away from your crop, and Mint to help deter flea beetles.
Cabbage Cordesa Vegetable Seed Information
||Approx 20 seeds per pack.
They prefer well-consolidated ground. They do not like freshly manured soil and do not plant this after another brassica as it can lead to a build-up of disease especially club-root.
|When to Sow:
February to May
Plant out April to July
|How to Sow:
Indoors, sow seed at a depth of 12mm (1/2") in trays of free-draining, seed sowing compost and cover with a layer of vermiculite. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a plastic bag at a temperature of 20-25C until germination which takes 4 -7 days.
Once germinated, grow Cabbage plants on in cooler conditions until all risk of frost has passed and plants are large enough to be transplanted with 2-3 true leaves. Gradually acclimatise them to outdoor conditions over 7 - 10 days before planting cabbage in moist, rich, well-drained soil in full sun.
Outdoors: Later (Apr - May) sowings can be made into a seed bed in shallow drills 2cm (3/4") deep in short rows. Outdoor sowings should be thinned to 7-10cm (3-4in) apart, then once plants are 15cm (6in) tall, they can be lifted and transplanted to their final planting positions
Keep well-watered in summer and occasionally in winter if ground dry. Hoe occasionally to keep weed-free, and build up soil around the base to help keep them upright.
||September to November.
When to Sow Cabbage Cordesa Vegetable Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier