Biquinho Chilli Peppers originate from Brazil and are pronounced 'bee-kee-nyo' which means 'little beak' and refers to the small pointed protrusion from the pepper.
Biquinho Chilli Peppers are Native to Central America and grown as a vegetable, Capsicum chinense is a tropical herb that is 70-80 cm tall. C. chinense varieties are well known for their unique flavours and many have exceptional heat. The hottest peppers in the world are members of this species, with Scoville Heat Unit scores of over 2 million. The leaves are compound with each leaf composed of 3 leaflets. The flowers found in the axils of leaves. They are white and occur singly or in clusters of two. The fruit is used as a flavouring and spice. It has tonic and antiseptic properties. It increases perspiration, reduces pain sensitivity, and stimulates the circulatory and digestive systems.
Biquinho Chilli Peppers are part of the Capsicum chinense family. They have the smoky fruit flavours that one usually associates with the chinense family like Habaneros a sort of sweet and sour flavour but without the high heat, they measure a low Scoville scale rating of 500-1,000 SHU.
It takes a long time for the plants to mature and produce fruit so sow seeds early in the season to ensure the fruit ripens but once it gets going it can produce 100's of chillies per plant. The small fleshy peppers ripen from a light yellow/green to a shiny bright red and measure 15mm long by 25mm wide. The plant reaches a height of between 60-80cm tall.
Biquinho Chilli Peppers are lovely teardrop shaped chillies that make a fab, flavoursome garnish for pizzas, salads and many other exciting dishes. An ideal chilli for those who like the smoky, fruity habanero flavours but not the heat!
PLEASE NOTE - we do not recommend growing chillies on a windowsill, especially the hotter varieties. Chillies need a constant and consistent temperature to germinate and windowsills above radiators do not provide the ideal conditions.
Biquinho Red Chilli Seed Information
|Seeds Per Pack:
|Sow Hot Scale:
||500 - 1,000 SHU (View the Scoville Scale)
|When to Sow:
||January - April
|Time to Fruit:
||100 - 120 days
||August - October
When to Sow your Biquinho Red Chilli Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier