Rocket microgreen is perhaps the most popular salad green in the world! Equally the most popular ingredient in salad mixes. The same mild peppery taste can now be enjoyed in microgreen format.
Rocket microgreen taste intensifies the smaller that you harvest the plants, with taller plants being milder.
Rocket is a fast-growing microgreen and will be ready to eat from day 5 onwards.
Please note that Rocket is a mucilaginous seed so it can only be grown as a microgreen. Not suitable for sprouting.
How to grow Rocket Microgreen Seeds:
3 x Growing trays
Rocket Wild Seeds
Culture - For Growing As A Microgreen
1. Sow your seeds directly on thoroughly moistened medium
2. Place a tray directly on the seeds and weigh down to ensure good contact with the growing medium and to help the roots dig deep. Mustard is a mucilaginous seed so take care when inspecting your seeds as they may stick to the tray.
3. Keep weighed until the seedlings have germinated and are beginning to push against the weight.
4. Use another tray to blackout the seeds when the seedlings are about 2cm tall - use blackout to stretch your seedlings to your desired length.
5. Remove blackout tray and place in a sunny location
6. Harvest when the plants are between 2.5cm to 7.5cm tall using scissors or a sharp knife and cut just above the medium
Did You Know?
We now stock growing essentials for Microgeen and Sprouting growers, you can find the full range HERE
Feeling daunted by the world of Microgreens and Sprouting and don't know where to start...then why not have a look at our starter kits for inspiration:
And don't forget to join our Microgreen Club and enjoy year-round benefits HERE
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier