Vegetable Seeds from Sow Seeds Ltd
BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!
Limited Stock Availability
Free item will be automatically sent with your order
Red Cabbage sprouting seeds - bright red sprout colour with a light cabbage taste.
They are ready to harvest in 6 days and add a bit of extravagance to a salad and elegance to a piece of fish etc.
How to grow Red Cabbage Sprouting Seeds:
Wide mouth jars
- Make sure that the jars are super clean and sterile
- Use screw top lid and simply drill or punch several holes in the lid – but not too large, the water needs to be able to drain, but not the seed!
- An alternative could be Muslin cloth secured with a rubber band around the neck of the jar
- Replacement lid with fine sieve built-in
Place seeds in the bottom of the jar and cover with water
2. Use water that is at room temperature…water that is either too hot or too cold can shock the seeds. Coldwater can also slow the germination process
3. Don't put too much seed in the jar, allow the seed sufficient room to expand…insufficient space will lead to mould issues as air cannot circulate sufficiently
- After the initial soak, the water needs to be emptied and filled back up with room temperature water
- Turn the jar upside down and let the water drain out, the seeds should be left damp and not swimming in water
- Rinse 2-3 times per day with room temperature water
- Continue the rinse cycle until harvest
Hulls may be removed but they are not harmful to eat, removal helps to minimise spoilage in storage.
|Weight:||Approx 20g per pack.|
When to Sow Red Cabbage Sprouting Seeds
All orders are usually dispatched the next working working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK and Ireland.
Click here to view our delivery charges.