Coriander is an interesting little herb as the leaves are pungent and oily but the seeds for which it is also grown have a different warm, orangey taste. Coriander is a key ingredient in hot spicy food such as curries and also adds flavour to soups (carrot & coriander - delicious). The fresh young leaves can also pep up a mixed baby leaf salad.
Coriander is an easy to grow hardy annual with green serrated leaves which grows to a height of 60cm and spread of 23cm. The seeds can be used green in salads or left to dry and used crushed or whole. Coriander does run to seed quickly so pick leaves regularly and sow every 4-6 weeks for a year round supply.
Sow seeds direct as it isn't keen on transplanting and that can make it bolt. Don't plant coriander near to fennel as it affects the taste of fennel.
Growing instructions for use as a MIcrogreen:
- We recommend growing micro cilantro in soil or suitable growing medium. Germination can be erratic with some emerging at about a week, and some seeds taking longer, so be patient
- Pre-soak seed for at 2-3 hours in warm water.
- Sow quite thickly covering over with a thin layer of soil or vermiculite (1/4 inch) and tamp very lightly.
- Prefers cooler temperatures (under 70 degrees), especially during germination.
- Keep moist and humid.
- Germination in 7-10 days with harvest in 21-28 days.
Coriander Herb Seed Information
||Approx 250 seeds per pack.
Light, well drained & sunny position.
|When to Sow:
March to early September.
|How to Sow:
Best to sow direct into well prepared bed, in a drill 1cm deep with rows 30cm apart. Lightly cover with fine soil & water. Germination takes 2-3 weeks. Thin seedlings to 10cm apart for leaf production or 25cm apart if you want to leave some to go to seed. The stems will need support if left to go to seed.
Bolts quickly so pick regularly. To harvest the seeds pick the seed pod and hang upside down in a paper bag and as the seeds dry they will fall into the bag.
||6-8 weeks from sowing and will be productive for 4-6 weeks for leaves.
When to Sow Coriander Herb Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier