Fenugreek Green Manure is a quick-growing annual that can be ready to dig in 10 weeks from sowing. It can be sown from March to August and performs best on well-drained but slightly heavy soils. It will tolerate lighter ones if they are fairly moist.
Fenugreek is an attractive bushy plant that is suitable for summer sowing and produces small white flowers with lots of bushy foliage but it is best to incorporate before flowering. It is part of the Legume family and should be treated as such for crop rotation purposes.
Some alternative uses of Fenugreek - it is very popular in Indian cuisine - the seed is used for pickles and curries. In the Middle East, the seed is roasted and used as a coffee substitute. The sprouting seeds are eaten as greens in salads for organic foodies and the USA use it as a lower-cost alternative to maple syrup so a very versatile plant. This green manure seed is not fit for human consumption.
Need Some Help On Green Manure?
Then we have 2 invaluable resources on our website that will provide the answers to all of your Green Manure questions:
1. A Beginners Guide that covers everything you ever wanted to know about Green Manure in 5 quick and simple steps - read it [HERE]
2. How To Choose Which Green Manure To Sow...a summary of all the Green Manures showing which soil types, plant families, and benefits that each Green Manure can bring to your veg patch or allotment - read it [HERE]
Fenugreek Green Manure Seed Information
|When to Sow:
||March, April, May, June, July, August.
||Grows to a maximum height of c.30cm
|Ideal Soil Type:
||Yes (in soils containing bacteria).
|How to Sow:
||Prepare the soil by roughly digging it over and removing any weeds. Lightly tread the soil, and then sow the seeds by broadcast sowing (i.e. scattering evenly) for good coverage. Rows can be sown but are not as good for weed suppression. Rake the soil and water well. In dry periods you may need to water until the green manure is established.
||The green manure should be cut down before flowering when the stems are nice and soft as they decompose quicker, retain more beneficial nutrients and are easier to incorporate into the soil. They can be dug into the soil by turning over into the top 15cms or left on the top as a mulch, the worms will drag down the organic matter and help to aerate the soil.
||5 grams per square metre.
|Pack Weight / Area:
When to Sow Fenugreek Green Manure Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier