Chilli Pepper Machu Pichu originates from Peru. It's unusual elongated pods mature from a dark green to a rich chestnut brown colour, and the pendulous pods measure 3cm wide by 10cm long with a slightly wrinkled skin. The chillies have a smoky, fruity flavor as associated with peppers from the chinense family but with a mild to medium heat of between 10,000-15,000 SHU.
Chilli Peper Machu Pichu is Native to Central America and grown as a vegetable, Capsicum chinense is a tropical herb that is 70-80 cm tall. C. chinense varieties are well known for their unique flavours and many have exceptional heat. The hottest peppers in the world are members of this species, with Scoville Heat Unit scores of over 2 million. The leaves are compound with each leaf composed of 3 leaflets. The flowers found in the axils of leaves. They are white and occur singly or in clusters of two. The fruit is used as a flavouring and spice. It has tonic and antiseptic properties. It increases perspiration, reduces pain sensitivity, and stimulates the circulatory and digestive systems.
The leafy plants are upright and will grow well in containers and remain compact and early cropping. They can be grown outside in the open ground but will take longer to mature, be larger plants but more productive if the Summer is good. They will reach of height of between 60-100cm tall, but they can be pinched out when 20cm high to give a more compact plant.
Chilli Pepper Machu Pichu are great used fresh but they also dry really well and add a rich flavor and colourful addition to sauces or stews or chillies.
PLEASE NOTE - we do not recommend growing chillies on a windowsill, especially the hotter varieties. Chillies need a constant and consistent temperature to germinate and windowsills above radiators do not provide the ideal conditions.
Machu Pichu Chilli Seed Information
|Seeds Per Pack:
|Sow Hot Scale:
||10,000 - 15,000 SHU (View the Scoville Scale)
|When to Sow:
||January - April
|Time to Fruit:
||70 - 90 days
||August - October
When to Sow your Machu Pichu Chilli Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier