Swede Gowrie is a lovely sweet veg that is a great addition to the winter dinner plate, either roasted steamed & or mashed with butter & pepper or in large chunks in a stew.
Swede Gowrie has purple skin with a yellow flesh and as a brassica, the leaves can also be used & harvested a few at a time and treated like a 'cut & come' again cabbage. It has a long harvest period from November to February and stores well in dry conditions.
It is part of the brassica family so should be included in that bed for crop rotation purposes.
This variety is also resistant to club root and powdery mildew.
Try growing Corn Salad (Lambs Lettuce) as an intercrop it makes a great companion!
Swede Gowrie Vegetable Seed Information
||Approx 400 seeds per pack.
|When to Sow
|How to Sow:
Sow seed thinly in drills 1cm deep by 45cm apart. Thin seedlings to one every 20cm (at least).
Water in dry periods but over watering can cause the roots to split. Keep weed-free to avoid competition.
||November to February.
When to Sow Swede Gowrie Vegetable Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier