Radish Malaga has a dark purple exterior that contrasts really well against the clean white inner making an attractive veg to perk up the salad bowl. Radish Malaga Violet produces crisp, peppery roots that are ready to eat about 4-6 weeks.
Radish Malaga Violet are at their best picked when about 2.5cm wide, any larger and they can become woody and hard. They are the ultimate quick growing vegetable that can be sown and harvested within 4 weeks.
Radishes don't need much space and are great used to intercrop between other veg that take longer to mature such as sweetcorn, beans, peas etc. Small amounts of successional sowings throughout spring & summer will give a regular crop and mean that they are eaten at their best.
Radish Malaga Violet can be eaten with Maldon salt or a freshly picked crisp salad.
Radish Malaga Violet Seed Information
||Approx 500 seeds per pack.
Any, but not freshly manured.
|When to Sow
Use cloches in February
March to August.
|How to Sow:
Sow thinly into drills 1cm deep in the ground about 2.5cm apart in rows 15cm apart.
Keep well watered especially during dry periods as this helps the roots from splitting. Keep an eye out for snails/slugs as they nibble on the radishes.
||3-4 weeks after sowing. April to September.
When to Sow Radish Malaga Violet Vegetable Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier