Brussels Sprout Crispus F1 is a very reliable late mid-season variety (mid-November to mid-January) and club root resistant. It produces lots of medium-sized, sweet & crunchy sprouts that don't have a bitter taste.
Brussels Sprout Crispus F1 is tall but sturdy and has been bred in the UK so is very hardy & well suited to our climate. Sprouts can be harvested as & when needed a little at a time or if the top 'leafy head' is cut off in November in one go, the sprouts will be all ready to mature at once usually at Christmas. A catch crop can be sown under the sprouts such as quick growing salad leaves or Swiss Chard. A 'must-have' for the kitchen garden or allotment.
Try growing Brussels Sprouts with Nasturtiums to draw cabbage white butterflies away from your crop, and Mint to help deter flea beetles.
Brussels Sprout Crispus Vegetable Seed Information
||Approx 15 seeds per pack.
Full sun, fertile soil, sheltered site. Likes a soil with high pH so add lime to soil before planting if it is low pH (acid). Grow after Legumes in your crop rotation plan.
|When to Sow:
(February under glass) March to mid-April.
|How to Sow:
Sow 2 seeds 1cm deep into a pot/module of compost under glass at 13 degrees. Remove weaker seedling if both grow. Plant out when seedlings are 15cm high, 75cm apart. Plant closer if smaller buttons are required. Firm the soil well around the plant base. (Seeds can also be sown into a prepared seedbed in late March to mid-April, in rows 15cm apart and then transplanted when 15cm tall into final position 75cm apart).
Don't need much just keep watered in dry periods: to prevent wind rock plant firmly by treading the soil and stake plant well as they are shallow rooting.
September - November.
Pick sprouts from the bottom of the stalk upwards, only as many as you need, leaving the rest to grow on the stalk (or harvest an entire stalk)
When to Sow Brussels Sprout Crispus Vegetable Seeds
RHS Award of Garden Merit
||Brussels Sprout Crispus F1 Seeds have been awarded the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit (AGM). This award indicates that the plant is recommended by the RHS and helps gardeners make informed choices about plants. [READ MORE]
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier