Vegetable Seeds from Sow Seeds Ltd
Fenugreek Sprouting Seeds have quite a strong 'curryish' taste and it is better to use a little at a time. They are also a great aid for digestion.
It takes about 9 days to harvest. Longer shoots (5cm) have a milder flavour/shorter shoots are more intense (1.5cm).
Sprouting Seeds are packed full of vitamins & nutrients, they taste great and can be harvested nearly all year round.
How to grow Fenugreek Sprouting Seeds:
Wide mouth jars
- Make sure that the jars are super clean and sterile
- Use screw top lid and simply drill or punch several holes in the lid – but not too large, the water needs to be able to drain, but not the seed!
- An alternative could be Muslin cloth secured with a rubber band around the neck of the jar
- Replacement lid with fine sieve built-in
Place seeds in the bottom of the jar and cover with water
2. Use water that is at room temperature…water that is either too hot or too cold can shock the seeds. Coldwater can also slow the germination process
3. Don't put too much seed in the jar, allow the seed sufficient room to expand…insufficient space will lead to mould issues as air cannot circulate sufficiently
- After the initial soak of 8-12 hours, the water needs to be emptied and filled back up with room temperature water
- Turn the jar upside down and let the water drain out, the seeds should be left damp and not swimming in water
- Rinse 2-3 times per day with room temperature water
- On day 3 move seeds to a well-lit location
- Continue the rinse cycle until harvest
- Harvest on day 5 or 6, when the leaves are open and most are green
Hulls may be removed but they are not harmful to eat, removal helps to minimise spoilage in storage.
|Weight:||Approx 30g per pack.|
When to Sow Fenugreek Sprouting Seeds
All orders are usually dispatched the next working working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK and Ireland.
Click here to view our delivery charges.