Tomato St Pierre is a traditional French heritage variety, it produces a good crop of medium to large meaty, red flavourful tomatoes. Its delicious ridged, soft, juicy flesh is perfect for salads, sandwiches, sauces or topping off a burger stack.
Tomato St. Pierre is an intermediate type that will require good staking and strong support as it produces a number of heavy fruits on each truss and as an open-pollinated variety.
Tomato St Pierre grew really well in our greenhouse in 2018 although it took a lot of watering in the very hot summer to keep the bumper crop in tip-top condition. It grows as successfully outdoors as it copes well with less than favourable conditions.
Tomato St Pierre is a useful tomato with good acidic flavour, juicy fruits and a very productive tomato plant.
Read our guide on how to make a Comfrey Liquid Feed/Fertiliser to help boost your Tomato crops [HERE]
Tomato St Pierre Vegetable Seed Information
||Approx 30 seeds per pack.
Sunny, fertile but sheltered spot or greenhouse/polytunnel.
|When to Sow
January to April undercover.
|How to Sow:
Sow seeds thinly in seed trays of seed & potting compost or 2-3 seeds in small pots and cover lightly with a little compost. Firm compost gently and water carefully. Keep in heated greenhouse/propagator at about 15-20C. Transplant into larger individual pots when 10cm tall and 'harden off' plants for 3-4 days before finally planting them outside from May to June, at a spacing of 45cm between plants. It is best to plant deeply to a depth of 0.5cm below the seed leaves - this helps to give a nice sturdy plant. This variety can also be grown in a greenhouse in a large pot/greenhouse soil or grow bags.
Keep protected if frost is forecast with a fleece or a cloche. They require daily watering and feeding with a high potassium, tomato fertiliser once a week when the fruit has begun to set. St. Pierre is a cordon tomato that will require staking and support as it produces a heavy crop of tomatoes over a long period. Will require side shoots 'pinching out'.
||Late July to October.
When to Sow Tomato St Pierre Vegetable Seeds
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier