Seed Collection from Sow Seeds Ltd
A selection of 5 favourite Herb Seeds that make refreshing, tasty herbal teas but their leaves/flowers are very useful in the kitchen too.
Herbs have been used for centuries to cure ailments, aid relaxation and provide health benefits. But these so called 'hocus-pocus' medicines were once reduced to folklore and even as recently as 1941 the Pharmacy Act banned the practice of Medicinal Herbalism in the UK, this was repealed in 1968.
However it is now widely accepted and common place for Medical Doctors to recommend the use of herbal teas for certain ailments and much research is being carried out to find cures for Alzheimers, Cancers etc with herbs.
- Lemon Balm - the leaves makes a lovely refreshing, soothing lemon flavoured and is also thought to aid memory. Research is being carried out with Alzheimers and Lemon Balm
- Chamomile - use 2-3 teaspoons of dried flowers infused in hot water for 2-3 minutes and it will aid sleep and have a calming effect on a stressful day.
- Fennel - leaves of fennel infused in hot water are thought to relieve wind and as a diuretic, alleviates bloating. It has a lovely refreshing aniseed flavour. The seeds make a stronger tea than the leaves but both are equally refreshing.
- Lemongrass - a refreshing, uplifting lemon flavoured tea that aids digestion and promotes a feeling of wellbeing.
- Thyme English Winter - infuse leaves in hot water and make an herbal tea that fights infection and helps aid against colds & flu. It also alleviates PMS cramps.
We deliver to all countries within the EU including: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Due to export restrictions on seed we are unable to deliver to any counties outside the EU.
Click here to view our delivery charges.