Florence Fennel Rondo is a quick maturing fennel that produces very uniform white bulbs of excellent quality. This variety is good for Summer and Autumn production.
They have a lovely aniseed flavour, and the foliage can also be used as a garnish (harvest a few fronds whilst the bulbs are growing to add flavour to salads & dressings). They also look stunning in the veg patch with their white bulbs and feathery green stems and leave a couple to flower as the insects love them.
It is easy to grow and is virtually pest & disease free and is resistant to bolting and matures quickly 70-80 days from sowing. Take care when using fennel as its flavour can be overpowering, but complements fish dishes really well or can be served raw in salads for an aniseed hit.
Fennel bulbs can also be harvested as baby-veg and is a useful catch crop that fits into any bed on your crop rotation plan.
Florence Fennel Rondo Vegetable Seed Information
||Approx 35 seeds per pack.
Sunny/well-drained soil, moisture retentive soil.
|When to Sow:
|How to Sow:
Sow direct Feb - April in a drill 1cm deep and rows 40-45cm apart. Thin seedlings to 10-15cm apart (for baby veg) or 20-25cm apart for larger heads. Can also be station sown with a pinch of seeds 1cm deep every 20-25cm and thin out the weakest seedlings. For a continuous supply sow every 2 weeks. Fennel resents root disturbance and although it can be sown undercover from April to July in modules, it must be transplanted before 2 pairs of leaves have formed (before the bulb has started to grow) and planted out after last frosts as cold & also drought will cause it to bolt. It is easier to direct sow.
Mound up the soil around the bulb as it grows until the bulb is mature from mid-summer to mid-autumn. Keep watered but not too much.
||September when the bulb is about 7-10cm across. Cut stems just above the base and it may send up some smaller bulbs as a second crop.
When to Sow Florence Rondo Vegetable Seeds
RHS Award of Garden Merit
||Florence Fennel Rondo Vegetable Seeds have been awarded the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit (AGM). This award indicates that the plant is recommended by the RHS and helps gardeners make informed choices about plants. [READ MORE]
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry.
Click here to view our delivery charges.
As a small family business we value your custom and your loyalty and we want to reward you for continuing to shop with us.
Our BUY MORE, SAVE MORE initiative is designed to offer you regular savings every time you shop for seeds.
No gimmicks and no hidden clauses.
We have made the scheme simple, straightforward, and transparent...
Here is our version of the small print, because you will have some questions...
- You will need to be signed up to our newsletter, otherwise we cannot contact you. You can sign up by clicking HERE
- Minimum order value to qualify is £12 before postage charges
- The scheme will run until 31st December 2022 and is applicable on all items. We do reserve the right to withdraw the scheme before the 31st December 2022
- After every purchase you will be emailed a personalised discount code based on the tier level
- The discount code will be valid for 120 days and will then expire
- The discount code will need to be entered at the checkout
- If you forget to enter the code after you have placed an order we cannot refund the discount as the process is entirely automatic
- You will move to the next tier once the required number of orders are reached e.g. you have placed 2 orders, you will then be emailed a 25% discount code for the 3-4 order tier