Sweetcorn Shoots Royalty F1 (aka Corn Shoots/Popcorn Shoots) are quick growing micro-leaves that are harvested after only 6-8 days when they are about 7cm tall. These bright yellow leaves have a very intense sweet flavour that adds a colourful, crunchy garnish to salads and other dishes.
In order to develop the sweet taste and bright yellow colour, Sweetcorn Shoots Royalty F1 need to be grown in a warm place in complete darkness from sowing to picking - the inside of a cupboard in the house is ideal. If they are left to grow for too long or not grown in the dark they will be fibrous and not tender to eat.
Sweetcorn Shoots Royalty are quick growing micro-leaves with an intensely sweet flavour and are perfect garnish that adds flavour and colour to a dishes.
Growing as a Microgreen.
- Soak seeds for 8-12 hours
- Rinse and drain thoroughly
- Rinse and drain every 8-12 hours until your seeds show the tiniest of roots
- Plant seed in a tray on thoroughly moistened compost
- Cover your crop with another tray, or a plate - to keep light out and moisture in
- Keep your compost moist by watering lightly as needed. Don't drench
- Use Coconut Coir and you likely won't have to water at all after planting!
- When your plants have begun to show leaves, remove the cover and move your crop to a well-lit location
- Harvest when the leaves are open and 2cm - 7cm tall (day 5-14)
- Cut just above the medium, with scissors or sharp knife
Hulls may be removed but they are not harmful to eat, removal helps to minimise spoilage in storage.
Did You Know?
We now stock growing essentials for Microgeen and Sprouting growers, you can find the full range HERE
Feeling daunted by the world of Microgreens and Sprouting and don't know where to start...then why not have a look at our starter kits for inspiration:
And don't forget to join our Microgreen Club and enjoy year-round benefits HERE
All orders are dispatched the next working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK. Due to new BREXIT regulations, we can no longer supply to the Republic of Ireland, sorry .
Click here to view our delivery charges.