Vegetable Seeds from Sow Seeds Ltd
Radish Rambo shoots are a lovely rich red colour that will liven up any plate. They are rich in vitamins and are suitable for sprouts or microgreens.
Radish shoots have a slightly spicy flavour and will be ready to eat in 2-3 days for shoots and slightly longer for microgreens. In the first few days radish seeds can develop white hairs and these can lead to mould forming.
The hairs are an indication that the seeds are not being rinsed often enough, rinse vigorously under running water to remove.
How to grow Radish Rambo Sprouting Seeds:
Wide mouth jars
- Make sure that the jars are super clean and sterile
- Use screw top lid and simply drill or punch several holes in the lid – but not too large, the water needs to be able to drain, but not the seed!
- An alternative could be Muslin cloth secured with a rubber band around the neck of the jar
- Replacement lid with fine sieve built-in
Place seeds in the bottom of the jar and cover with water
2. Use water that is at room temperature…water that is either too hot or too cold can shock the seeds. Coldwater can also slow the germination process
3. Don't put too much seed in the jar, allow the seed sufficient room to expand…insufficient space will lead to mould issues as air cannot circulate sufficiently
- After the initial soak, the water needs to be emptied and filled back up with room temperature water
- Turn the jar upside down and let the water drain out, the seeds should be left damp and not swimming in water
- Rinse 2-3 times per day with room temperature water
- On day 3 move the seeds to indirect sunlight
- Continue the rinse cycle until harvest
- Harvest on day 5 or 6 when the leaves have opened and most are green
- De-hull before refrigerating
Hulls may be removed but they are not harmful to eat, removal helps to minimise spoilage in storage.
Can also be grown as a Microgreen.
- Plant 2-3 teaspoons of seed for a 5x5 tray on thoroughly moistened compost
- Cover your crop with another tray, or a plate - to keep light out and moisture in
- Keep your compost moist by watering lightly as needed. Don't drench
- Use Coconut Coir and you likely won't have to water at all after planting!
- When your plants have begun to show leaves, remove the cover and move your crop to a well-lit location
- Harvest when the leaves are open and 2cm - 7cm tall (day 5-14)
- Cut just above the medium, with scissors or sharp knife
|Weight:||Approx 20g per pack.|
When to Sow Radish Rambo Sprouting Seeds
All orders are usually dispatched the next working working day and are delivered either via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery (3-5 working day service) or 48 Hour Parcel Courier (depending on size and weight). These delivery times shown are to be used as a guide and are not guaranteed.
Please note, we are unable to deliver seeds to countries outside the UK and Ireland.
Click here to view our delivery charges.